Itera is looking for a DevOps Engineer with wide experience within IT operations, system engineering, system automation, and continuous integration.
Customer is a large Nordic company (one of the largest finance groups in Europe) providing a broad range of financial services
Strong technical background, problem analysis skills as well as good communications skills are essential. The qualified candidate will be in close cooperation with development and operations teams to maintain and improve existing processes to guarantee reliability of underlying environments.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Creating and supporting the development platforms of the customer products;
- Configuring and supporting continuous integration, delivery, and deployment processes, as well as logging and monitoring services, databases, and queues;
- Analysis of failures, identifying and isolating the source of problems;
- Automation of routine tasks and operational processes;
- All in close cooperation with developers and infrastructure engineers at all stages of the application development lifecycle, as well as in accordance with the company's IT development strategy
- At least 3 years experience in IT Operations or Systems Engineering.
- Understanding of DevOps, GitOps principles.
- Experience working Linux (RHEL is preferred, Ubuntu, SUSE, CentOS are optional/nice to have).
- Agile working, ability to work independently.
- Version Control Systems (Git is preferred).
- Configuring CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Azure DevOps, GitLab, Jenkins).
- Cloud services (Azure preferred, AWS, GCP, IBM, Oracle Cloud are optional/nice to have).
- Infrastructure as code technologies (e.g., ARM templates/bicep, Terraform).
- Configuration management (Ansible/Ansible Tower preferred, Puppet, Chef are optional/nice to have).
- Container and container orchestration technology (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift).
- Kubernetes templating tools (e.g. Helm, Kustomize)
- Scripting language (Python preferred, PowerShell, Bash are optional/nice to have).
- Logging, monitoring, and metric collection systems (e.g., Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios, ELK)
- Database systems (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- ITSM tools (e.g. ServiceNow, Cherwell, HPSM, Zendesk)
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SSH)
Be a plus:
- Familiar with RedHat tool chain (e.g. Satellite, OpenStack, Ceph Storage, Quay)
- Any certifications from RedHat
- Familiar with IBM tool chain (e.g. TSM
- Development languages (e.g. Go, Perl, Java)
- Workflow Automation
- REST API/SOAP
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible and loyal
- Team player
- English: upper-intermediate
- Competitive compensation
- 20 days of paid vacation, 100% paid sick leaves (3 paid sick days without sick list)
- Advanced medical insurance program with unlimited fitness and swimming pool
- Free English and Norwegian Courses
- Flexible workplace (possible to combine remote work and work from office)
- Fully remote during quarantine
- High-end technics and gadgets
- Free access to leading professional trainings and events, professional certification
- Transparent career development and planned individual career path
- PE support by professional accountants